Saturday, November 16, 2013

Glass?? on a Wood Blog?

Picture if you will...a weekend surrounded by amazing artists.  Glass, fiber, photography, painting, wood, metal, everything you can imagine.  Several times each year, MadWood Turnery is proud to be part of these gatherings of artists, displaying Niels' works alongside these other talented individuals.  I (Mrs. MadWood) have worked very hard to keep my hands in my pockets and not buy everything that catches my fancy!

But I love glass.  Always have.  So, being the excellent husband he is, Mr MadWood will indulge me by buying or trading for things he knows I will love.  Such was the case with last weekend's acquisition, my desk slugs. (see previous blog entry~ Thank you Pasco)

Back in June, we were at the Edmonds Art Festival, in Edmonds, WA and in one of the few moments I had to wander away from our booth, I happened upon Johnny & Darlene's Opal Art Glass (http://opalartglass.com/) and found this!

YES, IT IS A RAZOR CLAM!  Wow, right?  Well, of course I had to have it!  

Then what happened? We ran into them again at the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts and Mr. MadWood traded some custom turned tap handles for this:

The picture does not do justice to this awesome octopus.

So, in time, Mr. MadWood went about making the tap handles and sending them off...expecting to hear if they met with approval or not.  In the mail today, I think we got the answer...

NO WAY!  REALLY JOHNNY? 

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love mushroom hunting.  And particularly, morels.  Needless to say, I will cherish this one!

So, while I'm drooling on my beautiful new glass morel, Mr. MadWood is doing what he does..working and getting ready for the EXPO Center in 2 weeks (http://www.expochristmasbazaar.com/) We will be in space D5-11, I hope you can stop by and see us.  I'm working to get some new items on the website, the sea urchin and banksia ornaments and beautiful nut cracker bowls with brass ship wheels.


As always, thanks for stopping in to visit...I welcome your comments ~  Mrs. MadWood


No comments:

Post a Comment